History of Commodity Market
The evidence says that the commodity market started in Japan in the 17th Century and later, Bombay Cotton Trade Association Ltd in 1875 was formed for commodity derivative in India, and the first American exchange was set up in 1848. It was called the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT). In Nepal, it has been trading in the commodity market for more than a decade also. Nepal formulated Act and Law regarding the commodity market also but it is still an ongoing process for regulatory aspects.
Example of 5 tops Global Commodity Exchange and their links.
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME
- London Metal Exchange (LME)
- Multi Commodity Exchange(MCX)
- New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX)
- Tokyo Commodity Exchange (TOCOM)